Read Time:1 Minute, 29 Second
The Federal government has said the site was not compromised for the N-Power youth empowerment scheme.
The FG revealed that the portal is secured and that it received more than one million applications in less than 48 hours.
Rhoda Iliya, Deputy Director of Information at the Federal Ministry for Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, said, “More than 1,000,000 applications from across the Federation were received in less than 48 hours after the Honorable Minister Sadiya Umar Farouq declared the new N-Power Portal available on the Ministry’s website.”
“The Ministry will like to assure Nigerians that the N-Power portal is secured and no data has been compromised,” it said, adding: “The portal is open for Nigerians who meet the application criteria.”
The statement read in part: “Inline with the ongoing N-POWER Batch C online application which commenced Friday, June 26, 2020, the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs Disaster Management and Social Development, hereby announces that over 1,000,000 applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours after the Honourable Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq declared open the new N-Power Portal on the Ministry’s website.
“The Ministry would like to reiterate that all young Nigerians aged 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new program that would be very focused on farming.
“The number of applications received so far is an indication of the number of our young people in need of employment and the confidence in the program.
“The Ministry will continue to work with its technical partners to ensure that all applicants receive timely support.
“The selection process would be fair and transparent, and at every stage, the public would also be carried on.”